Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Animal Attraction by Charlene Teglia in stores today

"Chandra Walker always hoped to find out who her birth parents were; she just didn’t expect the truth to put her in the middle of a shapeshifter war with the power to determine the outcome, complicated by a forbidden love for two mates."

I still recall the first book of Charli's that I happened to pick up and read. It was "The Gripping Beast" published by Ellora's Cave. I had passed over it at least a dozen times in the bookstore because the cover art put me off, but for some reason the book kept calling out to me until I finally picked it up and read the first couple of pages. Instantly hooked, I gobbled the story up and fell madly in love with Charli's writing. We ran across each other online and became friends. (She is one hellava poet too.) Apparently my fan-girl drool didn't bother her too terribly much. I've read nearly, if not all, the books she's written and until she sent me the ARC (advanced reader copy) of Animal Attraction, my favorite novel of hers was Wild, Wild West. But hot cowboys and killer boots had to take a backseat to the thrilling tale of two werewolves and their slightly conflicted mate. 

The story is fast-paced with plenty of very hot menage-abunch sex and shifter butt-kickin' battles, but it is also woven with an intriguing mythological subplot that enriches the tale and left me wanting to know more about the very mysterious lord of the forest. 

Chandra, Zack and David were wonderfully memorable characters, the disparateness of their personalities creating a stronger bond as they fought their personal demons and found a way to balance their differences.

Besides... I am a total sucker for a really well written werewolf story. And that is exactly what Charli delivered.
Read it, you'll thank me. 


or in any major bookstore. It releases today!
For more about my bootz lovin' girl Charli, check out her blog. And tell her Kota sends her love. xxxx

No comments: