Sunday, June 8, 2008

Welcome to Casa de 'Kota

For the time being you'll only find irregular postings here. This here place is for serious business... well, as serious as I ever get. Writers, readers, artists and philosphers are welcome to share their ideas and experiences.

The process of writing, really of creating, is a lonely and completely introverted task. It is knotted and tangled entirely in our own heads as we grunt and try to untangle the mental threads to make it flow and shape itself into something of value. Whether that value is personal, for entertainment or to communicate some higher ideal doesn't really matter. It's the battle we wage within and then the sharing of the end results that really counts. Because creating in a vaccuum isn't really creating at all, is it?

So the flip side of the introversion is the necessary extroversion that forces a creative person to gather together nervous courage and share. We are forever feeding the small child inside, waving the drawing/writing/mangled papermache sculpture and yelling "look, i made this! do you like it?"

I have so many faces, wear so many hats and tapdance behind so many masks. It's all apart of life and of survival. But I'm thinking here, right here is where you'll find the real me hiding, wrapped in the security blanket of creativity. So welcome old friends and new. You keep my firelights glowing when the night gets unbearably dark.

9 comments:

Roscoe James said...

Yahoo! I be the first one here! A great big ol' congrats. So, come on up to my studio and we'll, ah, swap tips. You know, writing tips. That kinda stuff.

:D

Lakota said...

YAY! my first comment! Gold stars to you RJ, you bossy bastard you.
Working on your rewrite thingy now. the nice part is knowig how far you're sliding into my debt. muuuwaahahahaaa! ~grin!~

Anonymous said...

hey sweetie patootie, thanks for the invite. i guess i'm number 2 but hey, what the heck. glad you are doing this. let's keep those creative juices flowing.

Lakota said...

Ack! This is going to be harder than i thought, RikkiTikki - my initial reaction is to drawl "flowing juices is good."

And you're never number two in my book. ~grin~
RJ had a wunderbar suggestion of doing a flash fiction session in celebration of this new space - whatcha think? I'm thinking thursday late afternoon and night...

Anonymous said...

Yayaya, number 3 is not bad for such hungover old threelegged dog. You are amazing. You might have to remind me about flash fiction thursday. Helloooooooo, Ms Phillips!

Lakota said...

3-legged dog... heh!
i'll remind you GingaPaul. And three is one of my favorite numbers by the way. ~wink~

Anonymous said...

What a fab welcome, glad to be hear, will put Thursday in my diary (grin).

This is going to be fun.

Lakota said...

Flashing with RJ is usually fun - he tends to show his ass... heh! (ducking)
Seriously, he is the king of flash and is great at keeping the party rocking. We do tend to get a bit goofy with virtual drinks and strippers - but the parties, ah, the parties are memorable.

Jill said...

I really like your decription here!
And how come I got invite by RJ(thanks by the way) and not you?